Plaza de la Independencia

Originally a square space used for festivals on horseback or bullfights, it acquired its definitive rectangular shape in 1878, and progressively transformed into a park during the 19th century.  The last remodeling was in the 1980s.

(source: Tejeira, E. and Spadafora, V, El Casco Antiguo de la Ciudad de Panama, CiudadCity Publishers, Spain)

Comments are closed.